At Castaway, we value your privacy…
Protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information confidential is very important to us. We’re bound by the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Act, when we handle your personal information.
This Policy outlines how Financier Software Pty Ltd maintains your privacy when handling your personal information if you’re a customer, an interested party or a visitor to our website.
Financier Software Pty Ltd offers services to Australian businesses in the form of software licences, support, consulting and training and education programs. Financier Software Pty Ltd collects information for the sole purpose of being able to provide timely services and support responses to our customers and interested parties.
Financier Software Pty Ltd (Castaway Forecasting) takes seriously the transparency and fairness in the collection and use of personal information and will let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used for. Personal information means information or an opinion that identifies you, or could reasonably identify you as an individual, whether the information or opinion is true or not.
We aim to:
- make it clear to individuals who subscribe to our software, who register for our events or other subscriptions for what purpose the information is held
- ensure individuals know they can unsubscribe to specific or all communications at any point. Where people wish to unsubscribe, we will ask specific information about which names and companies they want to unsubscribe and for which products and services they are unsubscribing
- only collect or process personal data where we believe there is a legitimate reason to do so or we believe you have a interest in our company
- only hold personal data for a given period necessary to serve the lifetime of the subscription of the service we are providing you
Should you currently subscribe to receive information about software release updates, training or education services, you may contact us at any time to withdraw consent
Financier Software understands your data must be freely given with full consent and we therefore collect the minimum amount of information required to deliver our services.
We only collect personal information from you that is necessary to do business with you. Personal information collected may include the following:
- Licencing/ Training and Consulting Services:
- Name, business telephone number and business e-mail address
- Company details, including physical and/ or mailing address
- Computer information such as computer name (as set up by you), company server name, computer owner (set up by you) and IP address
- Payment details if purchases are made, or invoices paid, over the phone or by e-mail. Please note payments to our company via third-party protected gateways (Stripe, Recurly, WBC or Eventbrite) do not allow our company to collect or store this financial data
- Training and Consulting Services only:
- Personal information, such as food intolerances or accessibility requirements to ensure your attendance at training or consulting days is comfortable
If you withdraw consent from our company to hold any information which might identify you, we may be in a position where we are not able to continue to provide our software or services to you or your company. In this case, we will communicate with you to advise any impact on your software or services.
Financier Software will never disclose or transfer our customer’s data for the purpose of marketing or distribution.
Contacting us and Making a Complaint
If you’ve provided us with personal information, you have a right to request to access or correct it. We’ll respond to you as soon as we’re reasonably able to. To help us respond to you, please include as much detail as possible about the information that you want to access or correct and, if applicable, how you’d like to access the information.
If you wish to make a complaint about Financier Software Pty Ltd’s privacy practices we request that you first contact our Support Team with the details of your complaint. Financier Software Pty Ltd undertakes that your complaint will be investigated diligently by the Data Protection Officer and our response provided to you as soon as reasonably practicable.
However, you have the right to complain to the officer of the Privacy Commissioner either in the first instance or, if you feel Financier Software Pty Ltd has not handled your complaint adequately. A complaint to the Commissioner must be made in writing, but you can contact them for help by ringing the Privacy Commissioner’s hotline services on 1300 363 992. You may also obtain information about the complaint process from www.privacy.gov.au.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Financier Software Pty Ltd (Castaway Forecasting)
Suite 303/ 35 Lime St, SYDNEY, NSW 2000, Australia
Phone +61 2 9569 7144 or +44 203 695 8332